Pages

Friday, March 1, 2013

26 Week Update

On Wednesday (2/27), I hit the 26 week mark in my pregnancy.  When people ask how I'm doing I like to give a 2-part answer:  (1) the babies are doing great and (2) I'm hanging in there.   This past week or so, I've had a lot of pressure and pain while standing or walking...so I try not to do too much of either.  I spend most of my time sitting at my desk at work or sitting on my couch at home.  John and my mom have been big helps taking care of me and Jocelyn while I lay around the house trying to keep my activity to a minimum.  Hey, those were the doctor's orders.  A simple trip to the grocery store seems to take a toll on my body and takes all the energy I have...plus, who sends a hungry pregnant woman to the store?  You're just asking for strange things to show up in the fridge or pantry.
 
I went to the doctor today and everything looks good.  The babies are very active and growing like they're supposed to.  There are no signs of impending labor which makes me feel better it's still way to early for these little ones to enter this world.
 
I think even the dog is getting in on getting me used to waking up in the middle of the night to attend to babies.  Last night he woke me up at 3:30am after he had thrown up and needed to go outside to eat some grass.  Of course John is at work....this stuff only happens when John is at work. So there I am tending to a dog with an upset stomach and cleaning up 2 disgusting piles of dog vomit.  Lucky me.  Thanks Jake!
 
That's the update.  Things are good.  I go to my perinatologist on Tuesday, March 5th for another ultrasound.  I look forward to those the most because I get to see the kiddos and see how big they're getting.  Plus, she doesn't make me stand on a scale!  Hope I get some more pictures.   I tell the babies all the time that they have to stay in there for much longer and have to grow big and strong before they can come out.  So far, they're very good at listening to Mom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment