Pages

Friday, March 15, 2013

28 Week Update

This week (Wednesday, 3/13) I hit the 28 week mark in my pregnancy.  I just got back from my OB/GYN and everything looks good.  No ultrasound today though, I'll get that on Tuesday (3/19) when I go see my perinatologist.  I'll know more at that appointment about the funneling and how my cervix is doing.  Hoping there haven't been any changes (unless they are good).  I'm still working full time, but my doctor did say she'd like me to cut back on my hours in the office and work a little bit from home.  The babies are doing great and getting big.  As of 3/5, Liam is weighing 2 lbs 4 oz and Lizzie is 2 lbs 3 oz.  I'm anxious to see how much bigger they are at my next appointment on Tuesday.
 
Overall, I'm feeling okay.  Sleeping is uncomfortable.  I sleep on my side and when that hip starts to hurt, it'll wake me up and I'll have to roll over to the other side.  Heartburn is not bothering me at night, for the most part, which I'm thankful for.  I spend lots of time laying around and trying to keep the activity at a minimum.  There is so much I'd like to do in the nursery to get it all finished, but I know that I have to wait for some help before I can get in there and do anything.  I still need to pack a hospital bag for me and for the babies.  This Saturday, John and I are taking the Marvelous Multiples class at Woman's Hospital and then the next weekend is my baby shower. 
 
Wow, time is really going by fast.  Part of me wants the pregnancy to be over and the babies to be here just so I stop worrying about every little stomach cringe or body ache, but I love feeling them move and kick me and this is (probably) my last pregnancy so I know I won't get to experience again.  I would like to work out again, but it will be a while before I can get back into my regular gym routine.  
 
Love these babies so much already and I constantly imagine what they're going to look like and what kind of personalities they're going to have.  I know Jocelyn is excited to be a big sister.

1 comment:

  1. Great to hear! So exciting! And I'm sure you are dying to do things, but you're doing a great job taking it easy...making bones is a tough job in itself! Looking forward to your updates!

    ReplyDelete