Pages

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

27 Weeks - Update

Today I am 27 weeks pregnant!  Taking it day by day and certainly do not want these little ones to come out for another 10 weeks.  At this point I feel like I can kind-of start doing a count down.  Yesterday I had an appointment with my perinatologist and it wasn't the best appointment and I got some rather disappointing news.  Looks like my cervix has shortened a bit more, but more concerning is the fact that it is now funneling with movements that cause pressure to the cervix.  She basically told me that any squatting down, bending, getting up and down out of a chair/bed to often or difficult bowel movements could cause the funneling to get worse.  I learned that funneling is like dialating from the inside and I could be at risk for ruptured membranes that can put me into pre-term labor.  Naturally I'm totally freaked out now!  I already feel like I do absolutely nothing, but it might be time to have to cut back on work hours (even though all I do at work is sit at a desk) since the less time I have to spend getting in and out of a car and driving places is good to.  This has been a tough week since John has been out of town and won't be back until Friday for work and so my Mom has been a life saver and I've officially run her ragged.  Especially, after my incident yesterday where I locked my keys in the car and she had to get Jocelyn and then go to my house to get my spare key and bring it to the office.  Yuck.  Not fun.  With my last car, I couldn't not lock my key in the car because it was one of those keyless things where the car would not lock at all if the key was still inside and the car was off.  I learned my lesson...thanks pregnancy brain.
 
I did get some good news from my OB/GYN yesterday afternoon.  My lab results came back and I do not have gestational diabetes (I passed the 1 hour test and so I don't even have to go back for the 3 or 4 hour test).  Yay!  That is good.  She did say that I was slightly anemic, so I have to take more iron supplements.
 
From here on out I'll have a doctor appointment once a week, alternating between my OB/GYN and the perinatologist.  The ultimate mission is to keep these babies healthy, strong and growing until 37 weeks. 

1 comment:

  1. Will be in prayer for your and the babies!! I can relate with having your hubby gone, a baby on the way and a little one at home! Take care, Carolyn!

    ReplyDelete