Pages

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

32 Week Update

Today I reached the 32 week mark and that is a very exciting milestone.  I will admit though that I'm miserable and very uncomfortable all the time.  Despite the discomfort I want to go at least another 3 weeks (preferably 5 weeks) so these babies can get as big and strong as possible.  The heartburn has really been flaring up bad the last few days and I've been getting a lot more Braxton Hicks contractions.  Physically I'm completely drained and I can't seem to focus on anything for more than a few minutes, kind of a bad thing when you're still working and trying to figure out Health Care Reform.  I have a doctor's appointment on Friday with my OB/GYN.  I'm hoping she starts checking my cervix on a weekly basis since I'm getting closer to the end and because I'm not a good judge of reading the signs for pre-term labor.  It's true that twin pregnancies don't last as long as singleton, but with twins (or more) you really are full term (size wise) for 2 to 3 times longer and that's the hardest part.

On the bright side, the nursery and other baby items are about 95% ready.  I have a few more things on my to-do list and hope to get those knocked out this weekend so I'll be totally prepared for when Liam and Lizzie get here.  We even had our whole outside painted and new gutters installed.  House looks great.  This is something that has been on our list since we moved in to the house 4 years ago, but we wanted to do it Dave Ramsey style and pay cash.  Next house project will be John putting together a play set for Jocelyn in the backyard (once it is delivered).  She'll be so excited and it will be wonderful to have somewhere she can go play outside since we don't have a park in our neighborhood. 

I'll update again after the doctor's appointment on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment