Pages

Friday, January 4, 2013

Pregnancy Check Up

Just a quick post for those interested in the progression of the growing fetuses currently occupying my uterus.  As many know already, we are having a boy and a girl.  I am currently 18 weeks and 2 days along.  I had an appointment this morning with my regular OB/GYN and she said things are on track.  I did not get an ultrasound at this appointment, which was a first since the pregnancy began.  I was looking forward to seeing them on the little screen, but that's okay...I'll wait 2 more weeks until my appointment with my perinatologist on the 18th.  I did get to hear their little heart beats and that was wonderful.  My goal is to make it to at least 36 weeks, but 37 or 38 weeks would of course be better!
 
I haven't figured out yet some of the operations of my doctor's office.  I had one of the first appointments and was the only one in the waiting room until I got called back.  Someone was already in the room to my right (where the doctor was in the process of seeing a patient) but the room to my left was empty for the first 10 mintues while I was waiting.  The nurse came and took my blood pressure and my weight (boo) and then I waited for the doctor.  Sure enough, when the doctor was done with the woman to my right went over to the room to my left, skipping me even though I was there before her.  Go figure.  My appointment was at 9am and I didn't see the doctor until about 9:30.  If she's already 30 minutes behind that early in the day, I don't want to know how far behind she'll be by 4pm.   Not sure if the woman to my left had a fastpass or something, but that really annoyed me.

No comments:

Post a Comment