Pages

Friday, January 18, 2013

Baby Update - Week 20

I had an appointment with my perinatologist today to check on the twins at the 20 week gestation mark.  They are looking good and doing well.  Baby A is the boy and he is a whopping 13 ounces and Baby B is the girl and she is 11 ounces.  The doctor says that the difference in size between the babies is normal and not to worry about it.  Of course I want these little ones to get big and strong so when they make their debute they are healthy and won't have to spend any time in the NICU.  No signs of pre-term labor or anything like that going on, which is a relief too. 
 
Doctor says that I just need to be sure to take it easy and stay off my feet as much as I can.  She even suggested laying down for 15 to 30 minutes twice a day while I'm at work.  Good thing I have a couch in my office - now I have an excuse to actually use it.  It's pretty ugly and not that comfy and has pretty much just been there to take up space.  I remembered to bring a pillow to work today to put in my desk chair to make it a bit more comfy too. 
 
Otherwise, things are good with me.  I get tired very easily and am starting with the heartburn.  Nausea has pretty much subsided, but I will get dizzy and nauseous a bit if I stand for too long (and by too long I mean more than a minute or two).  Walking around is okay, just standing still causes problem.  Too much walking though and I start getting sore on the underside of the belly.
 
The next milestone will be making it to week 24 - where the babies have a much higher chance of viability if something were to happen.  Of course, that is still way to early and the likelihood of health issues is high.  So the goal is still ultimately to get to 38 weeks, but I am taking it step by step.
 
Here are some terrible ultrasound pictures of the babies. 


 
 
We are getting Jocelyn's big girl room ready to transition her from the nursery to a big girl bed.  It will be weird to have her in a different room, a bit farther from us, but she is very excited.  Then we'll be able to start organizing stuff for the twins' room and getting it all ready.  Let the nesting begin...i just have to get off the couch to be able to do it all. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment