Pages

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Easter Fun

I’ve been toying with the idea of starting a blog for a long while now and finally decided to just do it…even if I’m the only one that will ever read it.  I like the idea of keeping a virtual scrapbook and giving family that doesn’t live nearby the chance to see what Jocelyn (and John and I as well) has been up to.

So, I’m starting this blog with a post about Easter.  How perfect since Easter is a time for new beginnings!

We had a great long weekend starting with Good Friday, where Jocelyn and I met up with my sister and some friends for a play date at Elaine’s house.  It takes Jocelyn a little time to warm up to others when she comes into a new situation (even when she’s played with the kids and spent time with the adults a thousand times), but she had a lot of fun playing with all of Chelsea’s toys.

Friday night, Grandpa Don (John’s dad) came to spend the weekend with us.  We recently cancelled cable since I was tired of paying for a bunch of channels that I didn’t watch and half the stuff that I’d wind up watching was ridiculous (sorry Real Housewives…you can no longer suck me in to your train wreck).  Felt a little bad that we didn't have any of his favorite news stations anymore, but that is fine by me.

Saturday was a lot of fun at our church Easter Egg-travaganza!  Although Jocelyn had more fun playing on the playground at church, she enjoyed “hunting” for eggs once she finally figured out what the point was.  The look on her face when it was time to start the hunt was … “Mom, I don’t get it.  So we just pick these eggs up and put them in this basket? What for?”  I had to show her that there were goodies inside the eggs.


After we got home from the egg hunt, Jocelyn took a 4 hour nap.  That’s right, a 4 hour nap! 

Sunday we woke up bright and early to make it to our usual 8:30am church service and we tried to be there a few minutes early since it was a holiday and we wanted to get “our pew.”  Jocelyn looked so pretty in her Easter dress and she behaved so well during the service!  After church, the whole family was coming to the Wallace house for lunch and an egg hunt.   My special treat for our Easter lunch was rice krispie treats in the shape of Easter eggs, dipped in white chocolate with sprinkles…I thought they turned out very cute and they tasted wonderful!

Jocelyn and her cousins, Thaden (3) and Owen (1), had a great time getting Easter eggs that Aunt Jennifer put together and “hid” for them.  The weather turned out to be so beautiful; we all spent most of the afternoon enjoying the backyard.  





No comments:

Post a Comment