Pages

Friday, April 13, 2012

Heaven is For Real

I recently read the book "Heaven is For Real" which is a true story about a 4 year old boy's near death experience and his visit to Heaven.  It is a beautiful story (and a quick read).  I've always been a believer in Christ and Heaven, but, as one person in the book put it, was never able to truly visualize what it would be like.  The unbiased, innocent description that the young child, Colton, gives in the book is humbling.  While I fully intend to enjoy every minute I have on this earth, I feel excited about what is to come in the Kingdom and the people I will get to see again and those I'll get to meet for the first time.  I felt compelled to read this book after the passing of an old friend's young daughter, which happened less than a year after the passing of their young son.  These events make you think and question.  The book doesn't change my beliefs, just made my beliefs that much stronger.  I know that my friend will get to see her two beautiful children again and that they really are watching down on their parents.  Now I have a better image of what it will be like and that makes me happy.


No comments:

Post a Comment