Pages

Friday, June 8, 2012

Countdown to Disney Craft - Rapunzel

Jocelyn and I will be heading back to Walt Disney World in October and taking with us Mom, Aunt Melanie and her friend Paul and his little girl Riley (she is 4).  This will be Riley's first time in Disney World (and Paul hasn't been since he was a kid) and I love going to Disney World with first timers.  So, to help build up some excitement for Riley, I wanted to make her a countdown to our trip but wanted to do it in a creative way and not just use a calendar.  Riley loves Rapunzel, so I decided that I would incorporate Rapunzel's long hair into the countdown. 

First, I had to do the long braid of hair.  I got some yellow yarn and braided it with the end wrapped around an embroidery hoop.  The braiding took about 3 hours and ended up being really long.  I wanted it long though and I figure she can use it to decorate her room later on.   I glued a little sign to the embroidery hoop that I made to look like a crown that says "Countdown to Disney."  Then I made 100 purple paper flowers that I attached (I used a punch out and purple card stock) for the length of the braid.  On each flower is a circle sticker with a number (1 to 100, with 1 at the top and 100 at the bottom) and on the back is a sticker that has something that you can do at Disney World (ex. Have dinner with Mickey, Watch fireworks, Bounce with Tigger, etc). 

Beginning with 100 days from the trip, Riley will be able to take off one flower and read something we will be able to do while at Disney World!  The project overall was very easy to do, just took a long time to put together...kids are worth it though.

Here are some pictures of my craft project.





1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness...super cute countdown!! I'm sure she loved it!!

    ReplyDelete