Pages

Thursday, May 29, 2014

Disney Trip - February - Day 2 and 3

Although the trip actually started on Saturday, I consider Monday as "Day 2" because it was the second actual day in Disney World - the first day of solid driving doesn't count.  The drive wasn't terrible - just long!

Okay, so Day 2 was also my first day of my conference.  So, the rest of the crew (John, Mom, Mel, Jocelyn, Lizzie and Liam) went to Animal Kingdom while I sat inside all day attending presentations.  While I love Animal Kingdom, if I had to miss one whole day this one was the best to miss.  I love the Safari, Expedition Everest, the Flights of Wonder show, Nemo the Musical and Festival of the Lion King (which wasn't even showing during our trip) - but Animal Kingdom is a shorter park day and I'd rather miss that than anything else.  The crew had lunch at Tusker House and got to see Mickey and friends.  I made Jocelyn an autograph book before we left and she had a blast getting all the characters to sign on their page (I made a specific page for each character that I knew or at least thought we'd see).   The only one we didn't get that Jocelyn was on the hunt for was Belle - we saw her once but her line was already closed and she wasn't at Cinderella's Castle when we ate there (she's always at Akershus - but we didn't eat there this time). 







I was done with the conference for the day at 4pm and we all met up at the hotel and then headed to dinner at O'hana at the Polynesian!  I had always wanted to try this restaurant because I heard how amazing it was - and it was tough to get a reservation.  I was up at 6am, on the computer on our 180 day mark getting this reservation (along with some other tough ones).  Totally worth it!  The food was excellent and plentiful!  





Day 3 was another conference day - but I was done at 2:30 and headed over to Magic Kingdom to meet up with everyone else.  We rode a few rides and then had dinner reservations at Be Our Guest.  I was so excited to try this restaurant and go inside - it looks amazing from the outside and even cooler on the inside.  At lunch time, Be Our Guest is counter service restaurant but at dinner it is a table service restaurant and it was packed.  They were not taking any walk-ups - reservation only - and we still waited an extra half hour.  This is also the only restaurant in Magic Kingdom where you can get an adult beverage - beer and wine.  The food was excellent and the atmosphere was amazing.  When they call your name they bring a Lumiere for you to carry to the table - it talks.










Jocelyn was scared of the "West Wing" (a dining room designed as the west wing of Beast's castle with torn tapestries, the enchanted rose is there and it's a little dark) so it's good we weren't seated in that room.  After dinner and on your way out you can meet the Beast.  Jocelyn was disappointed that he didn't do autographs - but with those giant paws he couldn't hold a pen (although I'm not sure why he doesn't have a stamp like Buzz Lightyear does).  Oh well - the babies liked the Beast too. 



What a fun day.  Day 4 was another Magic Kingdom day and I only had to go to 1 presentation in the morning that ended at 9am so I was able to spend the whole day with the group. We'd also be switching over to Ft. Wilderness and staying in a cabin which I was really excited to try since I've never stayed there before. Stay tuned for the next installment - Jocelyn gets transformed into a Princess! 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting! Very fun!! I'm with you...no stamp autograph for the Beast?!? Haha!

    ReplyDelete