Pages

Friday, May 10, 2013

36 Weeks...almost there!

I had my final appointment with my OB today before the babies come!  This past week I had 2 days of non-stress testing at the hospital.  Monday and Thursday I was hooked up to monitors to make sure the babies heart rates were good and were rising with fetal movement.  Everything went great and babies are just perfect.  Today, my doctor checked my cervix and I'm 4 cm dilated.  My fundal height is 48 cm, which roughly translates into measuring 48 weeks pregnant...I'm huge!  We decided that Monday was the day (just shy of 37 weeks). At my last ultrasound they were both head down so first thing on Monday will be an ultrasound to make sure they've stayed that way (really just Lizzie, we know Liam is still head down). If so, then we're going or a vaginal delivery and I'm really praying it all goes smoothly.  These babies mean the world to me and I want to do whatever is in their best interest.

I can't believe it's almost time. I can't wait to meet these precious babies and hold them in my arms.  Hopefully my next post will include pictures of 2 newborn babies! Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment