Pages

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Aunt Katherine

This has been a sad week for our family as we have endured the loss of another family member.  On Tuesday, my Aunt Katherine went to be with the Lord.  She took an unfortunate and unexpected turn during a surgery to repair her hip.  It is a tough loss as we have also lost my Grandmother (my Mom and Katherine's mother) and Uncle David (Katherine's husband) in less than 2 years, but we know she is in good company and a better place.
 
I'd like to say just a few words about Aunt Katherine.  Growing up, no matter what, Aunt Katherine was in attendance at all of our graduations, birthday parties, Christmases, Thanksgivings, and school events. Aunt Katherine didn't have children of her own, but she treated us like her own.  She was always proud of our accomplishments, shared the joy in our triumphs and the sorrow in our losses.  She always had a story to tell and an opinion to share, and I loved that.  If you needed to know where to find a specialty item, she could track it down on ebay.  If you were having a garage sale, she was there to offer her expertise.  She loved all things Coach and I knew I could never go wrong with a little something from that store for her birthday or Christmas.  She loved coming to my Improv shows and I'll miss having her in the audience (it's always nice when someone laughs at your puns no matter how cheesey)!  Aunt Katherine was full or life and laughter and it was infectious.  We will miss her greatly.   With Thanksgiving right around the corner, I give thanks for the time we had with her and even though her seat will be empty at the table this year she will be there in spirit.
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear that Carolyn, that is terrible. May God provide peace and comfort to your family during this time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jessica, I appreciate the kind words.

    ReplyDelete