Pages

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Happy July 4th



We had a wonderful and busy July 4th.  John played a round of golf with friends in the morning while Jocelyn and I ran errands.  They had a great time despite the heat, but I guess if you love playing, then you don't mind sweating even while you're just driving in the golf cart. 

After lunch, Jennifer and I took the kids out to our friend Kelly's house for a 4th of July Party, where John met up with us after golf.  It was also Jeremy's (Kelly's husband) birthday.  The kids had a great time playing at Kelly's house with all of Will's toys and splashing in the little pools in the backyard.  Will, who is only 2 weeks older than Owen, is such a cutie and very chatty.  Of course, I ate too many sweets and left no room for actual food, but Kelly had a great spread of treats that I couldn't resist.







After the party, John and I, and a group of friends headed to Bicentenial Park in Baytown (just a few minutes from Kelly's house) to watch Robert Earl Keen play.  It was a free concert from 8pm to 9:30pm.  Jennifer was nice enough to take Jocelyn back home with her and the boys before the concert.  We had a great time.  Robert Earl Keen always reminds me of the great times in college.  Funny how music can bring back so many memories. 

1 comment:

  1. REK reminds me of college days as well! Sounds like y'all had a fun 4th! :)

    ReplyDelete