Pages

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Murder Mystery Birthday Party

Last year for my birthday, I took a leap and hosted a Murder Mystery Dinner Party...it was awesome.  So this year I decided to do the same thing, but I made this one bigger and better.  We had a great time and I had so much fun planning this party.  This year was "Lights! Camera! MURDER!," set in Hollywood at an Oscar-after party.  I spent hours putting together decorations, assigning characters, organizing the sequence of events, and putting together the menu.  This year, instead of an actual sit down meal, I did more of an eclectic buffet but I labeled the food to fit the theme.  We had Chicago-style Pizza Bites, Inglorious Pasta, The DIP-arted (Spinach Dip), Million Dollar Baby Green Salad with Bravehearts of Romaine, Money (Sausage) Ball(s), and Extremely Loud Fruit and Incredibly Close Vegetables. 

 







The evening began with a walk on the red carpet!  I give props to all my guests who really got into their character and went above and beyond in their outfits.  Great job! 







 
 
 

After the guests had a chance to mingle for a while and complete some of their very important objectives, the terrible murder of Angel Wood occured.

Then, the mystery had to be solved.  But who did it?  Let the bribery, extortion, and deceit begin!

 

 
 

 
 






 
 


 
 

Of course everyone was a suspect and had to have their mug shot taken!



By the end of the night, we discovered who the murderer was and no one guessed correctly.  He (or she) was that good at covering his (or her) tracks!  I won't spill the beans here just in case. 

Everyone did a great job of getting into character and mingling with people that they had never met before.  Murder mystery parties are great at helping perfect strangers became well acquainted. What an awesome birthday!  Can't wait until next year.


No comments:

Post a Comment